Thursday, January 14, 2016

Organization as the Key to Success

I read somewhere that highly successful people don't make to do lists but they schedule tasks to complete. I am finding that difficult as time management is a task that anyone in a school finds daunting. I have had my blog on my calendar for Thursdays at 10 AM for some time but I have found myself putting it off to finish shelving or work on books or some other pressing task. And, of course, there has been no time to write because I did not find time to do it. People make time and find money for the things they want to find time and money for. This applies to everything in my job and at home too.

My office is slowly becoming a peaceful organized space where I actually enjoy working. I have started to purge clutter that hasn't been touched in the 6 years I've worked at this school. I'm loving the changes and it has taken me some time to work on my long held bad habits. I am noticing that it makes me a better person overall and I am able to help my students grow without becoming overwhelmed and frustrated by my surroundings.

I hope to put more tasks on my schedule soon but I'm starting slowly. Baby steps to make my way! What are some ideas you have had to become more organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment